Saturday, June 7, 2008

BLOG

Blogging is just so cozy. It's like ordering up a fast food audience, cheap and almost no wait. Sure, maybe you have to imagine the multitudes hanging on your every word--oohing, ahhing, and laughing raucously along with you--but just by doing so you've already got a fatty commiseration sandwich with a side of you're-so-cool. It doesn't necessarily last or lay a healthy foundation for a stronger you of tomorrow, and truth be told it may end up filling you with hot air, but man does it feel good every once in a while.

I thought I was going to sink with that metaphor to the bottom of the sea, so happy was I with it, but as the water began to swirl around my ankles, I quickly realized how foolish it is to cling to such nonsense when my very being is at stake.

I am not watching TV lately. At all. It's funny what happens when you go from a life of routine (in which you don't have to grocery shop or do the dishes) to a life of umpteen possibilities!!!one!eleven!!1!! I loaded up the Grey's anatomy finale on abc.com or whatever, but then something more interesting happened. I started to watch a Battlestar, then realized my clothes only had ten more minutes in the drier at the laundromat 'round the corner. Moving in someplace new takes forever which I somehow manage to forget despite having done it at least a million times. Or is there some deeply seated change afoot? Perhaps it is time I stopped watching, and started writing!?!?!?

Thanks for the coze, yo's.

No comments: